It has been proven that zona pellucida undergoes significant changes during oocyte and embryo growth. Studies have shown that the hardening of zona pellucida plays an important role at normal embryo cleavage. Even though techniques of assisted hatching already exist, methods of accurate determination of zona pellucida changes needs to be further developed. Spindle view will provide the examination of the structure of zona pellucida and as a result better comprehension of the changes that occur during hardening or destruction. Studies have shown that Spindle view can accurately determine the molecular structure and density of zona pellucida. This determination can occur before or after fertilization and gives valuable information about embryo cleavage.
What Other New IVF Technique Might Interest You?
- In vitro maturation (IVM)
- Personal Egg Banking (Elective Oocyte Cryopreservation)
- Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) plus MicroSort®
- Intra-cytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI)
- Microfertilization - IMSI
- Avoiding sickle-cell anemia
- Assisted hatching
- Assessment of Embryo Reproductive Potential (ERP)