We encourage couples to seek fertility consultation after one year of unsuccessful attempts to become pregnant; however, you should seek help sooner if you have one or more of the following:
- Irregular or no menstruation (suggesting ovulatory problem)
- History of pelvic infections and / or burst appendix, previous abdominal surgeries (a possible tubal problem).
- Increasing and severe pain during menstruation (suspected endometriosis)
- 2 or 3 previous miscarriages
- history of sexually transmitted diseases such as Chlamydia or Gonorrhea in either partner
- testicular surgery, injury, or history of childhood infections such as mumps
- sexual problems such as premature ejaculation and/ or difficulty with erection
- female partner is older than 35 years of age
The initial assessment may include organizing investigations and tests to evaluate and formulate the best treatment for you. Additional tests may be requested depending on the individual’s clinical profile. If you have had any if these tests within the past year, please forward the results before your first appointment for fertility consultation.