The EmBIO Donor Egg IVF Program makes it easier for intended parents to have a baby of their own. Our program offers the largest selection of thoroughly screened and tested egg donors in Greece.
For nearly 20 years, EmBIO Medical Center has provided patients with a highly successful donor egg program with IVF success rates reaching 70% for donor egg patients. Our work has helped more than 10,000 babies be conceived and thousands of patients become parents from around the world.
Most importantly, our affordable advanced fertility treatments using donor eggs are much more likely to help patients achieve success to start a family. Donor egg IVF success rates are higher than IVF cycles using a woman’s own eggs. Read our patients' egg donation success stories.
2008-2014 Donor Egg IVF Success Rates (Pregnancy) at EmBIO
Clinical Pregnancy Rate
No Waiting Lists
You can start a treatment cycle now with no waiting lists in Greece. All egg donors are anonymous and identities are kept strictly confidential.
With approximately 170 rigorously screened donors, you can choose a donor who meets your unique requirements. Our highly trained donor egg coordinators will help you find a match from a diverse selection of young, healthy, high-quality egg donors who would love to share their gift of life with you. EmBIO provides exceptional compassionate care for our patients during their assisted reproductive treatments.
Specialists and Expert Consultants
EmBIO’s fertility experts include industry leaders, such as EmBIO’s Director Dr. Thanos Paraschos and IVF Lab Embryologist Dina Katrania. They are highly successful pioneers in fertility and reproductive health, performing some of the world’s firsts in IVF, including the first preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD) and some of the very first Intra-Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) procedures ever performed in the UK.
EmBIO’s fertility staff are specialized and experienced in all methods of IVF treatment, giving us an advantage in treatment success compared to other fertility clinics.
Our board-certified geneticist assesses every egg donor. Patients may meet with one of our genetics counsellors to review the family histories of all involved and to answer any questions you may have.
We also are happy to answer questions while you’re making your decision on a fertility clinic. To contact us, please call +30-6973882675 or +30 6973000 435, or arrange a free call-back using the link in the top right-hand corner of our website.
High Success Rates
First time success rates for egg donor IVF exceed an astonishing 60% by the time all embryos are transferred to the recipient’s uterus. If two donor egg IVF cycles are completed with all embryos replaced, about 80% of all patients will leave EmBIO pregnant with their baby nurtured in their womb. These success results are amazing when compared to the much more limited chances of success, usually around 10%, for advanced age couples using their own eggs in IVF or ICSI cycles.
It’s clear to see how donor egg IVF is a much more reliable option for couples wanting to have a baby.
Simple Process at EmBIO
Donor egg IVF is a simpler treatment compared to a typical IVF or ICSI using your own eggs. Donor egg IVF cycles normally include a match of one donor to one recipient, also known as a sole-match, or sometimes one donor to two recipients, referred to as split-match.
Treatment services are provided promptly. For most of our patients, we aim to keep the time between an initial contact with EmBIO to initiation of their donor egg IVF cycle at a month, or less.
Patients need not be in Athens for longer than 2 days in most cases, when it comes to a full donor egg IVF cycle. We will consult with you and recommend the best option for your circumstances.
- Consultations may be performed at our facilities in Athens or by telephone. Donor egg selection can be done in person or by donor selection material provided to you.
- Our vast experience ensures outstanding rates of success for donor cycles, including both fresh embryo cycles and any subsequent frozen embryo cycles.
- Confidentiality is strictly adhered to at EmBIO, and will never be violated under any circumstances.
- Donor egg IVF may be combined, when appropriate, with other specialized or unique treatments, such as PGD, to avoid passing on any genetic diseases from the intended parents to the baby.
- Patients visit our institute from around the world for these specialized treatments. We are experienced in minimizing time away from home for patients abroad. If you choose to stay longer for a vacation, we also assist in recommending places to visit and attractions to see during your stay in Athens.
EmBIO removes unnecessary delays and administrative hurdles, so patients can begin their treatment cycle as soon as possible within weeks and not months. No need to attend seminars before entering our program.
We are skilled to effectively meet the needs of unique and difficult cases almost immediately, and we can provide egg donors in highly complex and specialized situations.
Donor Screening by a Genetics Expert
When you select your egg donor to get pregnant, you’re also deciding on the genetic features of your future child. We go to great lengths to ensure quality donors for you.
- Our donors are thoroughly screened by our experienced team in genetic diagnosis and treatment, and by our entire clinical genetics division.
- Donors of the highest personal and educational standards are the only candidates eligible to enter our screening process.
- EmBIO’s certified genetics counsellors are always on hand to meet with you to review your family history and the donor’s history.
- We provide you extensive information on our donors, so you are fully equipped to make the final decision on which donor you want to be part of your treatment.
To contact a Co-ordinator:
Please call EmBIO Medical Centre at +30-6973882675
Or, e-mail us at: [email protected]
Check out these links to learn more about EmBIO: